Some repair technicians have a shop to which you bring your computer. Others are on the road all day, going from client to client.
We mix both because each approach has advantages in different circumstances.
We've found that on-site service works best:
By contrast, in-shop service is preferred:
- when the client is not able to leave his/her location
- when the computer can't leave its location easily
- for network issues on the premises
- for issues involving other equipment that isn't easily moved
(e.g. printers, scanners, etc.)
- for issues that are relatively simple to fix, once the cause is known
We can also mix, coming onsite to determine the type of issues - then bringing the computer back to the shop if necessary.
We believe that this kind of flexibility enables us serve you best.
- for issues that can require a good deal of idle time
(e.g. virus scans, defragmenting, data recovery)
- for intricate hardware repairs (e.g. laptop repair, soldering)
- for longer-term projects
(e.g. operating system installation, hard drive replacement)